“It is our vision to see a time when all animals are treated & viewed equal. We will endeavor to continue educating people that ALL animals can add joy, happiness and life-long companionship no matter their physical abilities.”
We Cannot Do It Alone!
Through a multifaceted, compassionate approach of joint partnerships, community involvement, volunteer networks, education and outreach, we work daily to achieve our mission/vision as the “Voice for those who cannot speak”.
How Do We Help?
Animal Angel Aid helps Animal Rescues & Organizations by providing funding, fundraising, support and other services to help them successfully rescue, rehab, and re-home very deserving animals. We assist community colony caretakers with assistance in providing shelters and care for their colony cats and canines.
Our Animal Angel Aid signature programs have made it their mission to help the millions of deserving animals waiting for their Rescue Angels to rescue them.
Shelter/Rescue Group Estimates as of 2014
(according to www.animalsheltering.org of The Humane Society of the U.S.)
- Estimated number of brick-and-mortar animal shelters in the US: 3,500
- Estimated number of rescue groups and animal sanctuaries in North America: 10,000
- Number of cats and dogs entering shelters each year: 6-8 million (down from 13 million in 1973)
- Of the 3 million cats and dogs euthanized in shelters each year, approximately 2.4 million (80%) are healthy and treatable and could have been adopted into new homes
- Percentage of purebred dogs in shelters: 25%
- Number cats and dogs adopted from shelters each year: 4 million
- Percentage of cats euthanized in shelters: 70%
- Percentage of total shelter intake comprised of cats: Approximately 50% (but in some regions 2/3 of shelter population is cats)
- Estimated amount spent by humane organizations annually: $2.5 billion (about $8 per capita)
- Estimated amount spent by animal control organizations annually: $800 million to $1 billion (about $4 per capita)
Average # of Cats/Dogs Per Household (2 cats, 1.49 Dogs)
US Households with Cats (approx 38%)
US Households with Dogs (approx 48.5%)
# Cats/Dog Entering Shelter Yearly
# Cats/Dogs Adopted From Shelter Yearly
# Cats/Dogs Killed Yearly Because They Had No Adopter
-Rachel Amos Co-Founder of the Bathe to Save National Tour
Happy to help!
I’m happy to be a part of this!
Kelsey Hobar - Volunteer
Amazing vision and support! St. Francis Animal Rescue is excited to be a Rescue Angel partner.
-Jen Tate Adoption Coordinator, St. Francis Animal Rescue, Tampe FL
Mary - Community Cat Colony Caretaker - Manassas, VA
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!